So, Happy Chinese New Year everyone. It's now the year of the Tiger (Mel and I were born under the sign of the Tiger). We had our traditional large CNY dinner a week ago Sunday. I made jiaozi (dumplings) from scratch this year. Here's the recipe I used. They certainly are time consuming, but boy are they delicious! I'm thinking of making them once a month or so.
We had friends of the boys spending the night, so we didn't do as much to celebrate as we usually do. It was a pretty chaotic night, but fun regardless. I'm looking forward to the Lantern Festival this weekend. We'll be launching sky lanterns to celebrate. Last year was clear, although it was a bit windy. Hopefully things will be clear again this year.
Healthwise, things are pretty much the same. Still working on getting my Coumadin dosage stabilized. My PT/INR was good last week, but low this week, which means another dosage increase. I saw my oncologist last week regarding my PET scan. Blood work looked good, so they aren't sure how seriously they should take my PET results. I'll have my blood work checked again in a month and a follow-up PET scan done in May.
I also got signed up for another reflexology study for cancer patients. I have my first session tomorrow. I was part of the original study three years ago, and there were so many patients who noticed a decrease in their chemo side effects that they invented a reflexology machine. Basically you just sit down, put your foot in the machine, and it applies pressure in the appropriate points. I imagine it would be nice to be able to get reflexology while you're getting your chemo infusion. Anything that helps with the side effects is a plus in my book.
Well, I hope you're having a good week and I'll catch you all later. :0)

No comments:
Post a Comment